What Are the Most Common Side Effects of Breast Lift Surgery?
For millions of women worldwide, breast lift has proven to be little short of a miracle, helping them to achieve more proportional figures and rejuvenate their figures while restoring their self-esteem. At Tarrant Plastic Surgery, PA, Dr. Vishnu Rumalla has used his finely honed surgical skills and keen artistic eye to produce exceptional breast lift results for numerous women, regardless of their reasons for wanting to undergo the procedure. The vast majority of these patients have emerged from their surgeries feeling more comfortable in their own bodies and more confident in their overall appearance.
While breast lift does offer a wealth of overwhelmingly positive benefits for many women, it is nevertheless a major surgical procedure, and, as such, it is associated with potential risks. When the procedure is performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Rumalla, these risks can certainly be minimized; however, they remain possible.
This is why Dr. Rumalla carefully details all potential breast lift side effects during consultations at his Fort Worth plastic surgery practice. He does not want patients to be so taken with the possible benefits of a given surgery that they do not consider the side effects. He takes the time to present an objective, balanced view of breast lift surgery so that patients can make the most confident and informed decision possible as to whether it is in their best interests to proceed with surgery.
Is breast lift right for you? Find out for yourself by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Vishnu Rumalla today.
What are the most common side effects of breast lift surgery?
Again, it is worth emphasizing that breast lift, although it has an excellent safety profile and has helped millions of women change their lives for the better, is a major surgical procedure. Every form of surgery, whether it uses minimally invasive techniques or not, has risks. Breast lift is no exception.
Fortunately, major complications are rare in breast lift surgery, while the most common side effects are generally mild and temporary. The most common side effects include:
- Discomfort or mild to moderate pain: Severe pain is extremely rare after breast lift surgery. Whatever discomfort or pain a patient does experience can generally be managed with medication prescribed by Dr. Rumalla prior to surgery.
- Itching, tenderness, and swelling at the incision sites: These will subside over time.
- Bruising and swelling at the surgical sites: Again, these will be temporary and generally can be minimized with the use of compression garments.
- Loss of sensitivity and numbness: This is a common side effect of breast lift, as it will take time for nerve endings to regenerate after surgery. However, patients should be aware that some numbness could be permanent.
- Visible scarring: Dr. Rumalla can use several possible techniques to perform breast lift surgery, all of which are designed to produce the smallest amount of visible scarring possible. However, depending on the patient’s needs and aesthetic goals, some techniques may be more suitable than others, and these techniques may result in more visible scarring. Patients must be prepared for at least some scarring to be evident after surgery.
Learn More about Breast Lift Side Effects
To learn more about breast lift side effects, please contact Tarrant Plastic Surgery today.