Four Signs it's Time for Dermal Fillers
If you feel frustrated or unhappy with your appearance every time you pass a mirror, it may be time to consider cosmetic treatment. Today, there are a number of ways to effectively improve your appearance. One of the most popular options is the use of dermal fillers, which can be used to restore volume and youthfulness to the face. At Tarrant Plastic Surgery, Dr. Vishnu Rumalla is skilled in the uses and applications of dermal fillers. He can expertly inject these products to rejuvenate your appearance. Are you a good candidate for dermal fillers? If these four signs apply to you, dermal fillers may be right for you. Contact our Fort Worth, TX practice to schedule your consultation with Dr. Rumalla.
1. You Have Deep Creases and Wrinkles
Dermal fillers can plump the skin in areas where deep creases and wrinkles have developed. They can address:
- Nasolabial folds, the vertical lines that run from the nose to the mouth
- Marionette lines, the vertical lines that run from the mouth to the bottom of the chin
- Smoker’s lines, the fine lines that extend from the upper lip
- Frown lines, the vertical lines that appear between the eyebrows; in this case, a combination of BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers may be used
2. You Have Jowls
Skin laxity and sagging in the jowls, the lower part of the cheeks, may develop when patients are in their 40s. Dermal fillers can be an effective treatment when jowls appear. Adding volume to the jowls produces a skin tightening effect, making the jowls less prominent. Eventually, however, dermal fillers will not be as effective in treating jowls, and facelift surgery becomes a more effective option.
3. Certain Areas Have a Hollowed Appearance
As a result of age and facial fat loss, certain areas of the face can take on a gaunt or hollowed appearance. Dermal fillers can be used to restore volume and youthful contour to the face. Most commonly, facial fat loss affects the:
- Cheeks: Dermal fillers can be injected into the cheeks or under the cheeks to improve the shape of the face.
- Jaw line: Dermal fillers can be injected into the jaw line to give it more definition and reduce the appearance of jowls.
- Temples: Using dermal fillers to soften the temples can rejuvenate the appearance.
- Under the eyes: Under eye circles may be minimized with shallow or deep dermal filler injections.
4. You Have Thin Lips
Many patients have naturally thin lips or lips that have become thinner with age. Dermal fillers can be injected into the lips to provide a subtle or dramatic enhancement. Lip injections also have the added benefit of smoothing smoker’s lines. The end result is a more youthful and balanced facial appearance.
If you have facial wrinkles, jowls, areas that have taken on a hollowed appearance, or thin lips, it may be time for dermal filler injections. Find out if this popular treatment is right for you. Contact Tarrant Plastic Surgery today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Rumalla.