How Long Does BOTOX Last?
If you want to address signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles, BOTOX® injections may be what you need. You may be wondering how long BOTOX lasts. The transformative effects of BOTOX can last for three to four months when injected by an experienced provider. However, it’s important to know the individual factors that may affect how long this treatment will last before investing in this cosmetic procedure.
Dr. Vishnu Rumalla provides this anti-aging treatment for patients in Fort Worth, Southlake, and Keller, TX. A single BOTOX injection doesn’t last forever, but there are ways to prolong the results.
Factors That Affect BOTOX Results
Placement and Volume
Every face is different, so proper, personalized dosage and placement are crucial. Some areas of the face (such as the “elevens”, or lines between the eyebrows) may need more volume than others. The size, strength, and length of the facial muscles determine how much BOTOX needs to be injected into the area.
Can there be too much of a good thing? With BOTOX, yes. Too much botulinum toxin may cause the facial muscles to freeze or droop. But with the right dosage, BOTOX can smooth facial lines for up to four months.
Severity of Lines
Most plastic surgeons recommend that patients are at least 25 years old before receiving BOTOX injections. The less severe your lines and wrinkles are, the easier they can be corrected with BOTOX.
If you have deeper wrinkles, BOTOX will not make them disappear entirely. However, this treatment does freeze the underlying facial muscles, temporarily preventing wrinkles from forming in the treatment areas.
The effects of BOTOX wear off after three to four months, but patients can keep their results looking great by scheduling regular touch-up treatments. During your consultation, Dr. Rumalla can help you determine how frequently you should receive BOTOX to keep your results intact.
Preventing new wrinkles and keeping the skin healthy and taut is one of the best ways to preserve the results of your BOTOX treatment. Here are some tips to help your results last as long as possible:
- Wear sunscreen: UV rays damage and prematurely age the skin. Limit sun exposure to help prevent new wrinkles from forming.
- Invest in high-quality skincare: A consistent skin routine (with a gentle cleanser and moisturizer based on skin type) may help prevent premature aging. Cleansers wash away dead skin cells, dirt, and oils. Moisturizers help protect and hydrate the skin.
- Stop smoking: Tobacco use can also prematurely age the skin and increase wrinkles.
- Enjoy a balanced diet: Remember that you are what you eat. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and other essential vitamins and nutrients may help the skin look young and smooth for years to come.
- Stay hydrated: Healthy skin cells need water to function. Drinking plenty of water can keep your skin looking radiant.
After receiving BOTOX at Tarrant Plastic Surgery, you will also receive detailed aftercare instructions to help your results last as long as possible.
Schedule a Consultation
According to the manufacturer’s website, BOTOX can last up to four months, but results may vary from person to person. Call (817) 334-0030 or message us online to schedule a consultation. At Tarrant Plastic Surgery, we can help you reduce the signs of aging and give your confidence a boost with BOTOX.